How do I setup Webchat?
A Webchat widget on your business website helps you convert website visitors into leads. To ensure that the Webchat widget is aligned with your business goals, you must customize the different elements.
- On the Birdeye dashboard, click on ‘Settings.’
- Navigate to the 'Inbox' section and click on the ‘Webchat’ option.
- By default, the Webchat widget is enabled. Turn off the toggle to disable the Webchat widget.
- To refresh the installation status, click on ‘refresh the status.’
- Use the ‘Installation code’ to embed the Webchat widget on your site.
- Embed the Google Analytics ‘Tracking ID’ to enable tracking. To learn how to find the tracking ID, read the help center article: How to integrate Google Analytics?
- Advanced Analytics helps you integrate with Google Tag Manager, Adobe Analytics, and more. For more information, read the help article: How to set up advanced Webchat Analytics within Birdeye?
‘Chat Bubble’ allows businesses to customize chat icons to resonate with brand identity.
- Select an option from the ‘Chat icon’, or upload your custom icon.
- Choose a color of your choice from the ‘Background Color’ option.
- From ‘Icon Color’ choose an option to customize your icon.
- Enable ‘Show webchat bubble’ to add a ‘Webchat Bubble’ to your Webchat icon.
- In ‘Webchat Bubble Message’ add a customized text.
- Select a ‘Window Size’ from the two options, Small or Large.
- Choose a personalized option from the ‘Header Color.’
- Select a text color from the ‘Header Text Color.’
- Choose a customized color for the button from the ‘Button Color’ option.
- Select a button text color from the 'Button Text Color.’
- You can add or remove business locations from the ‘Locations’ option.
- Click on the 'Enable button' to allow auto-detection of location and show locations nearest to the visitor at the top.
- Configure teams the visitors can chat with, from the ‘Enabled Teams’ option.
- You can also add/edit the disclaimer displayed on the webchat widget.
- Use ‘Add a New image’ to add an Avatar for your team. You can add up to three images.
- Use the ‘Windows Opens’ option to Configure the duration after which the Webchat widget will pop up.
- Add customized header text in the ‘Header’ option.
- Add a customized welcome message in the ‘Message’ option.
To enable live chat use the ‘toggle button’. Configure auto-replies based on your business hours whether the live chat is turned on or not. For more information, read the help article: How do I use the auto-reply feature within Webchat?
Use AI-driven chatbot, Robin, to answer customer queries. The chatbot fetches information from ‘Profile Q&A’ and ‘FAQs’ to answer customer queries. To learn how to configure the FAQs for your business, read the help center article: How do I setup chatbot FAQs within my account?
EMAIL ONLY WEBCHAT
Birdeye has introduced email only Webchat option for businesses. Your customers and prospects can now seamlessly get in touch with you for orders and queries without the need to enter their mobile numbers. Customers can provide their email address through webchat and business owners will receive the information in the Inbox, without any conversation being blocked.
ROUND ROBIN ASSIGNMENT
Round Robin assignment is a unique feature that helps businesses automatically assign web chat messages to agents based on their availability. Round Robin auto assignment ensures no message falls through the cracks, and conversations are assigned fairly among a team.
Agents can mark themselves as active or inactive via their profile, or even the team manager can change the agent status.
- Engage your website visitors
- Convert your prospects into customers
- Conveniently respond to customers